As the Vice President of Manufacturing at Alloy, you’ll get the opportunity to build out our scaled manufacturing lines for high-tech emerging industrial equipment. If you’re right for this role, you’re inspired by the challenge of working with early-stage technologies that are still being iterated on and improved on a monthly timescale. You likely enjoy flexing your dynamic range all the way from small manufacturing details to the multi-year, company level manufacturing/production schedule. We’re also looking for someone who has a knack for blending manufacturing cultures with engineering cultures and strengthening them as you scale.
What You’ll Do
In this role, the primary functions will be:
- Developing and implementing new manufacturing, floor layout, work-flow and material-flow processes.
- Hiring and managing your manufacturing organization.
- Working in partnership with the rest of the team to evaluate and design future facilities, including equipment selection and optimization to meet our production needs.
- Taking ownership of facility and equipment safety.
- Managing labor and equipment across multiple-shifts.
- Leveraging knowledge about manufacturing best practices and use of data to create a next generation manufacturing facility.
What You’ll Bring
We are looking for someone who has experience:
- Managing facility build outs, designing floor layouts, and material work-flows
- Hiring a team and leading manufacturing at an emerging technology company
- Planning and executing high-complexity industrial equipment assembly, bring-up, and qualification, including facility build-out
- Working at a CM, supplier, or in a fabrication environment
- Establishing an ISO 9001 compliant manufacturing process
- Implementing lean six sigma principles
- Building technician hiring, training, and safety programs
- Identifying issues and improvements across the org, and working cross-functionally (across engineering, operations, sales, etc) to implement solutions and encourage/mentor others in best practices
- Managing an hourly hands-on manufacturing culture within an engineering-heavy organization.
- Bringing up production lines for industrial equipment and/or small-medium volume parts fabrication from scratch
- 10+ years experience in engineering and manufacturing
- Technical degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
This position will require access to information subject to control under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive controlled items without sponsorship for an export license.
- Flexible paid time off, nine company holidays, and a shutdown around the holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision, including dependency coverage
- 401k with 3% employer contribution, options for pre or post-tax
- Stock options
- All employees are eligible for paid parental leave regardless of gender identity or expression
- Career advancement opportunities in a high-growth environment
- Good coffee, regular happy hours, and weekly team lunches
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Alloy Enterprises is transforming how aluminum parts are made. Aluminum will be part of the electrification journey of everything that moves, and flexible, on-demand, and cost-competitive fabrication will be essential to this transition. Automotive, aerospace, and industrial equipment need to be lighter, and fabrication methods need to keep pace with the speed of innovative new designs. Our novel, scalable, full-stack additive manufacturing process disrupts the multi-year lead time, process limitations, and high up-front cost of aluminum casting.
“Alloy Enterprises is fundamentally transforming aluminum manufacturing for transportation, much like Carnegie Steel did for railroad, 100 years ago. Now is the time for us to bring scalable additive aluminum manufacturing to mass production and accelerate our society’s ability to electrify everything that moves.” – Alison Forsyth, CEO
Founded in early 2020, the company has raised $38M to date and is generating revenue with our pilot manufacturing facility. For the first time, on-demand fabrication meets the cost and scale of casting in an exploding $102B market – largely driven by electrification. We are now building out our team and our production fab facilities to meet customer demand. If you are a sleeve-rolling builder who sets their bar high and enjoys thinking out loud in a collaborative and inclusive working environment, we’d love to hear from you.