Senior Process Engineer
This Senior Process Engineer will work within the Process team by advancing our novel manufacturing technology. The role will report to the Head of Process and Materials. If you’re right for this role, you are a creative problem solver that is eager to take on new challenges.
You will contribute to multiple steps in our process that include laser cutting, metal-metal bonding, surface characterization/preparation, complex part geometry design, data and computational analysis, and material property optimization. You’ll be expected to lead projects from initial concept and ideation through data collection/analysis, all the way to handoff to production machines (and into parts that go directly to customers).
- Optimizing and developing the Alloy manufacturing process at all stages
- Identifying issues within the process, brainstorming fixes and testing their effectiveness, and implementing solutions
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (mechanical, software, product) to problem solve to ensure all design constraints are considered
- Gather and analyze data collected from pilot and production machines
- Design experiments to optimize a given variable or root cause a problem
- Work on inline inspection systems to monitor surface quality and cut quality
- Develop support removal strategies for novel part geometries
- Analyze complex data sets using statistical methods
- Ability to iterate and improve process methods to improve throughput and reliability
- Experience with at least one of the following: imaging processing, computational analysis, in-line inspection, data analysis, hardware/instrumentation, machine bring-up and validation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to effectively present data
- A statistically driven mindset for interpreting and communicating data
- Proficiency with Python software coding in a data analysis context.
- Experience leading projects with teams and/or companies that blend hardware, software, and manufacturing
- A “get it done” attitude to find creative solutions to difficult challenges
- Readiness to work in an environment that has: changing requirements, rapid iteration with hardware, heavy communication demands, and process development that involves critical, high-risk trade-offs.
- Dynamic and flexible mindset, easily balancing the needs of the day-to-day with long-term strategic thinking.
- Technical degree with 5+ years experience in industry or PhD with 2+ years of industry experience
- Flexible paid time off, nine company holidays, and a shutdown around the holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision, including dependency coverage
- 401k with 3% employer contribution, options for pre or post-tax
- Stock options
- All employees are eligible for paid parental leave regardless of gender identity or expression
- Career advancement opportunities in a high-growth environment
- Good coffee, regular happy hours, and weekly team lunches
This position will require access to information subject to control under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive controlled items without sponsorship for an export license.